Griffolyn® Type-105 is a 7-ply laminate combining four layers of high density polyethylene and three high-strength cord grids. It is specifically engineered to provide high strength and durability in a lightweight material.
- Multiple layers and cord reinforcement resist punctures and tears.
- UV stabilization protects the material from degradation during extended exposure to sunlight.
- Cold-crack resistance eliminates failures in extremely cold temperatures.
- Chemically resistant to withstand exposure without significant deterioration.
- Low permeability greatly inhibits moisture transmission.
- Flexibility & light weight allow for easy handling and quick installation.
- High durability allows for significant savings through reuse and fewer replacements.
- Class A, ASTM E-1745-11 Standard Specification for Water Vapor Retarders Used in Contact With Soil or Granular Fill Under Concrete Slabs.
- Prairie dog barriers.
- Pallet, cable reel and drum covers for outside storage.
- Floor covers, dust partitions and cleanroom enclosures.
- Temporary walls, plant dividers, building enclosures and containment tents.
- Architectural vapor retarder for under slab, walls & ceilings and in roofing systems.
- Shipping container covers and liners.
- Soil covers to control leachate for stockpiles and landfills.
- Erosion control and slope protection covers.
- Agricultural storage systems, hay covers and windbreaks.
- Athletic field and equipment covers.
Physical Properties And Typical Values:
|Property||Astm Test Method||U.S. Value||Metric Value|
|Weight||D-3776||90 LB/1000 Sq.FT||44 KG/100 Sq.Meter|
|3” Tensile Strength||D-882||275 LBF||1223.2 N|
|Puncture Strength||D-4833||79 LBF||351 N|
|PPT Resistance||D-2582||62 LBF||270 N|
|Dart Impact Strength||D-1709||5.0 LBS||2300 g|
|Cold Impact Strength||D-1790||-40°F||-40°C|
|Permeance||E-96||0.019 Grain/Hr•Ft2•in.Hg||1.207 NG/(PA•S•M2)|
- AVAILABLE COLORS:
- Rolls are available from 4’ x 100’ to 40’ x 100’ in increments of 4’ widths. Some sizes available for immediate shipment. Standard length and width tolerances are ± 1% (minimum 2”)
- Custom sizes up to 100’ x 200’ and custom fabrication are available to meet your exact specifications.
USABLE TEMPERATURE RANGE:
Minimum: -45°F -42°C
Maximum: 170°F 77°C
Under normal continuous exposure the average life expectancy ranges from 30 to 48 months.