Griffolyn Type-55 ASFR
Griffolyn® Type-55 ASFR is a 3-ply laminate combining two layers of antistatic fire retardant, linear low density polyethylene film and a highstrength cord grid. It is specifically engineered to provide antistatic fire retardant performance in a durable lightweight material.
- Fire retardant to meet safety requirements in critical equipment and material areas.
- Multiple layers and cord reinforcement resist punctures and tears.
- Reduce enclosure wind whipping effect.
- Low permeability greatly inhibits moisture transmission.
- Flexibility and light weight allow for easy handling and quick installation.
- Custom fabrication is available to meet your exact specifications.
- High durability allows for significant savings through reuse and fewer replacements.
- Stock rolls available with imprint stating name, product fire retardancy and antistatic rating properties.
- Temporary walls, plant dividers, building enclosures and containment tents.
- Floor covers, dust partitions and cleanroom enclosures.
- Bags and tubing (printing available).
- Industrial packaging requiring antistatic protection
- Electronic areas
- Phone room/computer server room applications
Physical Properties And Typical Values:
|Property||Astm Test Method||U.S. Value||Metric Value|
|Weight||D-2103||32 LB/1000 Sq.Ft||15.6 KG/100 Sq.Meter|
|3” Tensile Strength||D-882||87 LBF||387 N|
|3” Load @ Break||D-882||38 LBF
|3” Elongation @ Break||D-882||350 %||350 %|
|Tongue Tear||D-751 B||10.5 LBF||47 N|
|PPT Resistance||D-2582||26 LBF||116 N|
|Dart Impact Strength||D-1709||0.55 LBF||250 G|
|Cold Impact Strength||D-1790||-20°F||-28.9°C|
(50% RH, 10% cutoff)
|NFPA-99||0.23 seconds||0.23 seconds|
|Surface Resistivity||NFPA-99||2.8 x 109 Ohms||2.8 x 109 Ohms|
NFPA 701 Test Method 2
|10 flame spread, 75 smoke developed
|Permeance||E-96||0.047 Grain/Hr•Sq.Ft•in.Hg||2.71 NG/(PA•S•Sq.M)|
Conforms to the following safety codes:
- Passes NFPA 701 Large Scale – “Standard Methods of Fire Tests for Flame-Propagation of Textiles and Films”.
- Class I, Class A flame spread rating per UBC-42 and ASTM E-84.
- Passes NFPA-99 for static decay.
- AVAILABLE COLOURS:
- Custom sizes up to 100’ x 200’ and custom fabrication are avaiable to meet your exact specifications.
Usable Temperature Range:
Minimum: 0°F -18°C
Maximum: 170°F 77°C