Griffolyn Type-55 FR
Griffolyn Type-55 FR is laminate combining layers fire retardant low density polyethylene and high-strength cord grid. It is specifically engineered provide high strength durability in lightweight material.
- Fire retardant to meet safety requirements in critical equipment and material areas.
- Multiple layers and cord reinforcement resist punctures and tears.
- Cold-crack resistance eliminates failures in extremely cold temperatures.
- Low permeability greatly inhibits moisture transmission.
- Flexibility and light weight allow for easy handling and quick installation.
- Custom fabrication is available to meet your exact specifications.
- High durability allows for significant savings through reuse and fewer replacements.
- Temporary walls, plant dividers, building enclosures and containment tents.
- Shipping container covers and liners.
- Floor covers, dust partitions and cleanroom enclosures.
- Bags and tubing (printing available).
- Industrial Packaging.
- Custom covers and outside storage.
- Architectural vapor retarder in walls, ceilings and in roofing systems.
Physical Properties And Typical Values:
|Property||Astm Test Method||U.S. Value||Metric Value|
|Weight||D-3776||33 LB/1000 Sq.Ft||16.1 KG/100 Sq.Meter|
|3” Tensile Strength||D-882||90 LBF||400 N|
|3” Load @ Break||D-882||36 LBF
|Tongue Tear||D-751 B||14 LBF||62 N|
|Trapezoidal Tear||D-4533||26 LBF||116 N|
|PPT Resistance||D-2582||26 LBS||116 N|
|Dart Impact Strength||D-1709||0.90 LBS||410 G|
|Cold Impact Strength||D-1790||-20°F||-28.9°C|
|Permeance||E-96||0.062 Grain/Hr•Sq.Ft•in.Hg||3.556 NG/(PA•S•Sq.M)|
|5 flame spread, 35 smoke developed
- AVAILABLE COLORS:
- Custom sizes up to 100’ x 125’ and custom fabrication are available to meet your exact specifications.
USABLE TEMPERATURE RANGE:
Minimum: -5°F -20°C
Maximum: 150°F 66°C
Under normal continuous exposure the average life expectancy ranges from 10 to 12 months, depending on color.
CONFORMS TO THE FOLLOWING SAFETY CODES:
- Passes NFPA 701 Test 2 (Large Scale) – “Standard Methods of Fire Tests for Flame Propagation of Textiles and
- Class I, Class A flame spread rating per UBC-42 and ASTM E-84.